Learning a new language can be complicated and takes a lot of time. Many people think this process is expensive since you need to pay for classes, courses, and private lessons, but the reality is that nowadays we have a lot of tools and resources online. The DuoCards app is a new platform for learning new languages, and it is designed to make mastering new languages a breeze.
In this post, we will explain what this app is, how it works, and how it was our experience with it. We will also include instructions at the end of the post to download DuoCards on your device.
DuoCards wants to innovate language education
There are many platforms in the market to learn a new language, and most of them function in the same way: a vocabulary system where the user needs to memorize all the information and follow the same structure. DuoCards takes this approach and expands it.
With its innovative blend of videos, texts, and interactive cards, DuoCards offers an unparalleled learning experience that caters to diverse learning styles. It is not only based on memorization of vocabulary, but also listening to audio, videos, and complete text.
Our experience with DuoCards
We wanted to give it a try with a Latin-based language, so we chose Italian. We were encountered with an introduction to the app and a short tutorial on how to use it. The interface is intuitive and simple enough, and you get a preview of the different types of content. You have text, audio for pronunciation, entertaining videos, and cards for vocabulary.
The first couple of minutes on the app might feel too much and a bit overwhelming. You can start your journey whenever and wherever you want to, so it can be confusing. But after a while, you can understand why this app might be a great tool to learn new languages.
For us, the strength of DuoCards is the inclusion of different types of content. Compared with other popular apps that only give you sentences, DuoCards includes entire paragraphs and conversations, going from beginner videos to advanced content.
This approach helps students to get more context and understand what situations are specific words used, something that many other platforms take for granted. By giving context, DuoCards is a great solution to fully understand a language.
Pros and Cons of DuoCards
- Different types of content: You have access to audio, full-length texts, videos, and vocabulary. Regardless of your preferred method of learning, the app has something for you.
- In-built dictionary: If you don’t know a word, don’t worry. You can highlight the app and an in-app dictionary will give you the definition.
- Wide catalog of languages: You can learn different languages in the app, like Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese, and so much more!
- Design of the app: The design of the interface could use more refining. In some devices, the size of the screen is not compatible. Hopefully, this issue will be solved in the future.
- Limited free account: The free version of the app has several limitations, like the amount of experience and vocabulary you can learn per day.
- Unorganized content: The content on the app is divided by the type of content, but not by subject or topic. It can be complicated to find a specific topic that you want to work on.
How to download DuoCards?
At the end of this post, you will find options to download DuoCards on Android and iOS. You just need to follow the instructions to get the app installed on your device in a couple of seconds.